Reporting on grant expenditure

Jan_10599289
Jan_10599289 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi All,
I am a fairly inexperienced Reckon Accounts Plus user, currently doing just a few hours a week admin/bookkeeping. We receive grants that we need to track our expenditure for. Is utilising a 'class' the best way to handle this (set up a class for that particular grant and select it when entering purchases/expenses for that grant?) If so, what is the best reporting to then run to get a list of all purchases, are there 'class' reports or do I need to use filters to get what i need.
Thanks
Jan

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Jan; it's the only way to go. I do a number of NFP organisations with numerous grants and all classed.. Reporting on classes in Reckon is excellent. There are a couple of things to be aware of when allocating an expense across grants. You can always call me if you need help on 0266834083 
  • Jodie Jackson
    Jodie Jackson Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2020
    Yes using the Class option is the best way to track  grant income and expense.
    Then you can do a profit and loss by class to track the progress of the grant and also when doing the aquittal.
  • Jan_10599289
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Charley, appreciate your reply and may take you up on the offer for help next week. I have set one grant up with a class attached to it and have entered purchases against that grant (small grant with only about 6 purchases).
    I don't have access to Reckon today as not at work but what would you say is the best report to capture? I think I chose Expenses by Supplier detail filtered by class but thought there should be class reports? Thanks
  • Jan_10599289
    edited April 2020
    Thanks Jodie, will try that next week when back at work, thank you.
  • Jodie Jackson
    Jodie Jackson Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2020
    Jan I always use the Profit and Loss detail, then use the filter and select the class you want to report on.  This will list all income, journals and expenses/bills that are applicable to that class (grant)