US Stock Price Updates

Options
David M
David M Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
My US Stock Prices have not updated this morning. 
Is this just my problem, or the start of another saga with the provider of the US prices?

Comments

• Rob Barnett
    Rob Barnett Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes - my portfolio is not updating either. Rob
  • Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Mine haven't updated either overnight. I might be mistaken, but if I recall didn't Reckon confirm that they would only provide a workaround after the last time it stopped? I haven't looked for the previous post but I could swear that was the outcome
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Dave, can you remind us of the workaround using Yahoo Finance, that will fill the gap until this problem is fixed again.
  • David_7594132
    David_7594132 Member Posts: 37
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I've been using a Reckon 2016 licence bought cheaply from Harvey Norman since my Reckon 2018 licence 2 year price download expired.  It activated with price download eligible until 2022.  Only problem I found was Aussie stock price download wouldn't work but Reckon aren't interested in solving that problem so I've been downloading prices from a watchlist in Commsec. I find it's easier than Yahoo and the Index data codes are the same so no editing of file needed if you want index data.

Curiously enough the US stock price download worked which confirms my thoughts that Reckon have no idea why it stopped then restarted so I fear that we are destined for another bout of uncertainty and misinformation from Reckon with the USA price download.

So if that's the case I'll use my existing Yahoo portfolio and export stocks and indices. Will have to edit index codes as Yahoo and Reckon differ (^IXIC becomes COMPX etc)

• Decibel_7297054
    Decibel_7297054 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2020
    Options
    The inability to update this time appears to be a little different. On the previous occasions  an error message appeared when attempting to connect. This is not happenging this time.
  • David_7594132
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Exchange rates also have stopped updating also without an error message
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Diver Dave
    A couple of questions for you, that I and some others will find useful.
    1. Can you share the keystroke steps to upload daily closing prices from Yahoo Portfolio into Reckon Persona Plus? I have not done it before, and cannot find the process anywhere.
    2. Is there a way to retain the high / low / volume numbers from Yahoo and import them into RPP as well?
    3. On a stock by stock basis, can a similar method upload historical rates form Yahoo to RPP?

Appreciate your assistance
    Regards David
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi all,
    As you all know, a few months ago US share prices ceased operating for reasons beyond our control. The below is a copy of a comment that I posted in November 2019 when US share price prices issue arose at the time and subsequently resumed shortly after.

As such unfortunately, you will have to manually update US Share prices. You can either update the price within Reckon Personal Plus/Home & Business or by importing a CSV file that needs to be updated with the prices.

There is more detailed information on how to manually update share prices here -
    HELP GUIDE: I cannot download US share prices in Reckon Personal

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Eric, I believe the post you are referencing is this one or perhaps the help guide that was created here.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Eric Murphy
    Eric Murphy Member Posts: 216 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks Rav, yes this was it.
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi Rav, 
    Thank you for the information for those of us who have not had to do this before.
    What you have not yet answered - is what has stopped the updating of exchange rates, and when will it be fixed? 
  • Puddin Tame
    Puddin Tame Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I think it was established previously that Reckon have essentially given up on the product and only continue to provide it because people keep paying for it.  There seems to be no real support for the product from Reckon.  This is at least the third time this has occurred, because Reckon has not arranged a relationship with a data provider to provide a stable prices download facility.  The idea that a data provider can change something without telling Reckon is clear evidence of that.  As I said, it does not stop Reckon charging a pretty penny for the download facility it clearly has little or no control over - and clearly cares little about.
  • David_7594132
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Happy to be corrected but an examination of the url's embedded in both Reckon Australia and Quicken US or Canada for stock prices and currency rates show them to be identical.  This means of course that Reckon Australia has never had any arrangements for the provision of stock prices or currency rates. It has always relied upon those arrangements made by Quicken. Hence Reckon Australia can't fix something they never built or maintained.

So whatever the reason for the sudden re-appearance of the download (and now currency) issue we are on our own and can only hope it restarts as magically as it stopped. 
  • david klumpp
    david klumpp Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks again Dave for your support to us all! Here we go again, and no thanks to Reckon! 
    I'd like to add that with the export from Yahoo finance and import in RPP (simple and works well), one does not need to go to any trouble to edit out columns in this file. Just chose an appropriate file address so RRP can find it and all data transfers. I found that to be the case back when we got this problem in Dec 2019.
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi David Klumpp

When you say all data transfers, do you mean the closing prices, or also the high, low and volume?
  • david klumpp
    david klumpp Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I'm only seeking closing prices; don't know if it can can transfer more than that
  • David_7594132
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Reckon only allows closing price through import process 
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Yes I did. Thank you
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Why this unnecessary restriction? It would be so easy to add the other three fields which are accepted from the normal input, being high / low / volume.
  • David_7594132
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Not sure. In years past I seem to remember you could add entries with those fields. Possibly to limit functionality of data import and force renewal every two years.

Data export also was available but no longer.
  • David M
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi
    I tried to follow your guidance and created a file as follows.

FVRR 26.85 - 20190807 - 27.06 24.2 3412 *
    FVRR 23.39 - 20190830 - 23.5 22.39 1572 *
    FVRR 18.7 - 20190930 - 18.78 17.96 1904 *

And it would not load.
    Thoughts?
  • Nerissa Murphy
    Nerissa Murphy Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    My US Stocks download worked for one month and stopped on 3 August 2020. Is Reckon saying that we have to manually update the US Stocks? That is extremely 1970s of you Reckon!! Can you please provide the instructions and let us know what you are doing to resolve this issue. A financial program that doesn't automatically update Stock prices??? 
  • Cam Williams
    Cam Williams Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020
    Options
    I am also trying to manually import US and ASX prices using a CSV file.
    I tested the following format:

ADBE,473.22,---,22/08/2020,---,477.28,470.34,2645579,*

and Reckon PP stated it successfully imported 1 price - however, when I look at the price history there is no data for 22/08/2020.

Can anyone advise what I am doing wrong

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    No problems, it only downloads last nights closing prices so wait till Tuesday morning and it will be there.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,225 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    No problems, it only downloads last nights closing prices so wait till Tuesday morning and it will be there.
    Gerry 0418907140

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com

• Keith_7087256
    Keith_7087256 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Now that we're into 2022 has there been any progress in the one step update downloading the US Stock prices or has progress eliminated this past luxury?

• David M
    Options

From the silence, I would guess no progress.