o Three-way forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow)

Options
Barbara_9752659
Barbara_9752659 Member Posts: 26
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I am needing to create a Three-way forecasts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow). I have drafted up some forecasts in Reckon as my starting point. Has anybody been able to create a 3 way forecast within Reckon Hosted or can recommend an add in/or alternative software?

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 803 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Barbara.   can you email me:  gaz@alchester.com.au   What I've done in the past may not be relevant to you,   but it was for the Building/Construction industry and linking to Reckon (HOSTED).  Bottom line was, that it was tricky because  true cashflow needs to take in to account LIVE transactions (such as unpaid A/R, A/P),  where as forecasts are NOT live transactions, but will impact predicted cashflow into the future.  Meantime,  existing CASH is based on 'balances' in the Balance Sheet.   In Reckon, there are forecasts and budgets and they are two different sets of inputs.   In my case,  in the building game,  the problem was made more complex because 'projects' spanned multiple  financial years, and therefore any forecasts of future incomes and related COGS,  required us to do JOB LEVEL forecasts that were tracked regardless of any particular year, because there are unknowns in this industry about when a project will commence and proceed.  IE:  non-accounting  aspects of forecasting, that  will impact an unknown future date, but WILL happen.  That sort of thing really makes forecasting cashflow and profitability quite tricky,m and sometimes subjective when it comes to predicting likely accounting dates.    Anyway, as I say, it might be outside your interest, but I share this observation, so that you realise you're not alone in tackling how RECKON can do this.   Always happy to share  possible solutions,  or give a heads-up to the issues.   Gary