Payroll in Reckon Account Hosted error with pay date

Options
Danny Loypur
Danny Loypur Member Posts: 9
edited August 2020 in Accounts Hosted
Hi
There seems to be a error in the way Payroll allocates the payment date.
For example, if I have a fortnightly payroll schedule ending on 30/8/2020 the payment date is shown as 28/8/2020. So I go into edit payroll schedule and it shows payment date 30/8/2020. However if I change the payment date to 31/8/2020 then it's ok, it shows 31/8/2020. For whatever reason the program doesn't like the same payroll schedule and payment date even though in the edit payroll schedule section you can input whatever date you like.

I know it is easy to overide in Payroll Information, but I think it might be a program glitch unless I am doing something wrong.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Regards
Danny

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Just a wild guess, could it have anything to do with the 30/8 being a Sunday and payment can’t be made till Monday. It’s probably a stupid suggestion but can’t think of anything else
  • Danny Loypur
    Danny Loypur Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Your not just a pretty face Kris.
    That is correct I changed the Schedule date to 31/8/2020 and pay date to 31/8/2020 and there was no issue. So for whatever reason because it is the weekend it changes the pay date to Friday 28/8/2020 because the program assumes you can't pay people on Sunday. If anything it should go to the next banking day say Monday not backwards to Friday.

I still feel it should be our choice to input whatever date we want and it should hold it in memory not what they think what we want....anyway it's not life threathing but good to know a reason.

Thank You
    Danny
  • Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Oh wow so glad it worked out and I learnt something too