ATO STP Error

Dianne Poon
Dianne Poon Member Posts: 26
edited October 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Hi, i just went to submit my next STP and saw an error from last weeks upload as follows...

Do I need to do anything about this? Do I need to resubmit this last payrun as a new payrun?

If I don't do anything and submit a new payrun for this week will this be okay?

I have just looked at my own myGov and saw in the ATO history that it does not appear to have gone through so I am guessing I need to resubmit the last payrun before continuing to do the current one.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi there @Dianne Poon

Can I just confirm, are you using the free STP mobile app? And also, did this message appear in the app following the submission?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dianne Poon

HI, no sorry I think I have posted my question in the wrong section.

I have the desktop reckon accounts premier.

• Dianne Poon

I am thinking I need to do the previous payrun which showed up as an error again as either a new pay event or an update event. Can you [lease advise which one? thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me @Dianne Poon, and no worries I've moved it over to the right place :)

For this kind of error, I'd recommend that you send it through again as a normal new pay event rather than an Update Event.

(Update Events are used to correct any errors with YTD or misclassifications etc).

Alternatively, as Single Touch Payroll is reported on a YTD basis only then when you send through your next regular submission, your balances will be updated at that point.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Dianne Poon

Thank you Rav, and thanks for moving my question over to the correct section.

I will redo it as a new pay event and once I see it is "successful" I will go ahead and do my latest payrun.

We have are very lucky to have someone of your expertise to help us out!!

Regards, Dianne

• Dianne Poon

Nice to see both payruns have been successful and we are back on track. Thanks again.

• Rav

Great to hear Dianne! 🙂 👍️