Can not update from Personal Plus 2020 to my paid for licence for Reckon Accounts 2021

Options

I have been a user and then subscriber subscriber to Quicken then Reckon for 20 years. .....For the last few ? 3-5, I have similar issues when it comes to the time of year to renew. I have learned from experience to absolutely dread this. Otherwise it is a great product. This year I crossed my fingers and paid by direct deposit. Contacted Reckon and eventually got an email saying the money was received.

I notice that the licence period of my software had not been updated when restarting Reckon even a couple of days later.

I went on line to my Reckon account and downloaded the required 2021 software. I then attempted to unzip the download, which gave me more than 4,000 files and bombed out with the message Can't create output file C:\temp\Reckon_Accounts_Personal_2021\HAB\DISKT\Setup.exe. I have attempted the download and unzip several times which may be part of the issue.

I phoned Reckon licence and support both of whom would not assist me and referred me to this community.reckon site.

Can someone pls HELP. Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @499732, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your installation.

As a starting point, I'd highly recommend following the steps outlined in the Personal Range 2021 Installation & Upgrade guide which I'll link below.

I'm pretty confident the process outlined in the guide should resolve this for you however on the off chance that it does not, I'd recommend performing a clean uninstall and reinstallation of the software. I'll also link some information to this below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,228 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Give me a call on the number below and i will see what i can do.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com