Reckon Accounts 2020 R2 - Outdated Single Touch Payroll export

Options

Hi. We have a user whose company we recently upgraded to Reckon Accounts 2020 R2 along with the October tax update. She has reported that she gets a prompt telling her to to upgrade to Reckon Accounts 2020 R2 to continue access to Reckon GovConnect STP by 14th December 2020.

I have checked their customer portal and there are no updates available. Ctrl + 1 gives:

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @greenlights

Looks a bit odd. Are there any other versions of Reckon Accounts installed or used to create STP submissions by this user?

Was the latest submission put through GovConnect (which resulted in that message), made in the R2 version that you have highlighted in the 2nd screenshot?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• greenlights
    greenlights Member Posts: 4
    Options

Hi @Rav

The company file has been upgraded so they are exclusively using 2020 R2 now, but they have the 2019 version installed.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Sorry to ask the basics but have you triple checked that the .json file (pay event) that was sent to GovConnect was not an older one and/or wasn't created in the older version?

If you create and and send a new one from the current 2020 R2 version, do you continue to receive that message in GovConnect?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• greenlights
    Options

Not basic at all Rav! We generally just install Reckon and don't have much more to do with it after that. The user will be running STP on Thursday so I will be able to go through the process with her then and make sure it is correctly configured.

I will let you know how it goes.

• greenlights
    Options

Hi Rav

I ran through the process with the user and it worked today so not sure what was going on before but issue seems to be resolved.

Thanks for the help.

• Rav
    Options

Good to hear, thanks for letting me know ☺️