Unable to restore back up file

Options
Brads
Brads Member Posts: 24

Hi,

I have Quicken Personal Plus 2010 and have been using it for many years.

I just got a new computer and installed Quicken Personal Plus 2010 on my new computer, I had to ring up sales and get them to send me a new installation file. I made a back up file on USB, went to restore back up on new computer and I get this message.

"This file contains one or more accounts that require access to features not currently activated in this copy of Quicken (e.g. Investing, Business).

For information on how to upgrade, click "Renew or Upgrade Licence" in the help menu."

Could someone please advise me on what to do so I can continue carrying on using Quicken on my new computer.

Thanks

Edit:

This probably isn't in the right category but didn't know where else to put it

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Brads

It sounds like you are installing the same version to the new PC but just to check, are you upgrading to a newer/current version on the new PC?

The reason I ask is, there is a help guide on this particular error message which I'll link below, but it revolves more around transitioning from an older version to a newer version of the software -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brads
    Options

Hi @Rav

Not 100% sure if it's exact same or newer version, I spoke to sales team and they emailed me a link to download Quicken Personal Plus 2010 which is what I had on old computer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks @Brads, it doesn't sound like you've upgraded or purchased a newer version but rather its the same version that you're installing to the new PC.

Can I just confirm, are you restoring the backup file directly from the USB? If so, can you transfer the file over to a local destination on your PC itself and attempt to restore it. Does the same message appear?

I think it might still be worth going through steps outlined in the help guide as I believe this is the only method in addressing the cause of that message.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brads
    Options

I was originally trying from USB, just copied backup from usb to C drive and tried again but still same result, same message.

I'll give the help guide a go and will let you know, not holding my breath though

• Brads
    Options

Hi @Rav

In this help guide it's talking about using a completely different program (Reckon Accounts) and I'm using Quicken Personal Plus 2010, so don't think this will be of any use.

I'm just confused how it's saying "features are not currently activated in this copy of Quicken" but the version that I installed is the exact same version that was on my old computer, how can it have different features?

• Brads
    edited March 2021
    Options

I just worked out why this is happening.

on my new computer the program that I have installed is Quicken Personal 2010 and on my old computer I have Quicken Personal Plus 2010.

When I clicked on Add Account, Personal 2010 only has "Banking & Cash and Property & Debt" accounts and in Personal Plus 2010 you get "Banking & Cash, Investment and Property & Debt"

So I'll ring up sales and get them to send me Personal Plus 2010

Edit: It was the key that was wrong, gave me a new key for Personal Plus, all working now