Moving from Quicken Home and Business 2008 but to which product?

Hi,

Although we bought Quicken 2008 Home and Business Australia and we never used the business parts of it. Now we're looking to upgrade because Reckon won't activate our Quicken 2008 any more. We don't need the business side but we do have a property investment.

Would Reckon Personal 2021 work for us?

Can we upgrade from Quicken 2008 Home and Business to Personal 2021 Australia?

Thanks for any help / direction.

Karen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Karen,

My recommendation would be to firstly take out a trial of the Personal Plus 2021 edition so that you can confirm if your Home & Business file will be compatible.

The reason I say this is if there have been any features or functions that are unique to the Home & Business software that have been switched on at some stage it may cause issues with file compatibility in the lower Personal Plus edition.

Home & Business 2008 can upgrade directly to the current 2021 edition of Home & Business. I'll link the Installation & Upgrade Guide for the 2021 edition below which has a lot more info on the upgrade process -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Karen Leslie
    Karen Leslie Member Posts: 2

Thanks. I started a messenger chat yesterday and they have come back to me saying that my old Quicken 2008 can be activiated. I've since been told to wait 24 - 48 hours and then try again. I'm going to do that first to see if I can get the existing one working. Once I have that I can choose whether to upgrade and to do that at my leisure rather than the panic I've been in the last couple of days thinking I'd lost access to my data.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

Please let me know how you went and if you need a hand with anything just call me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com