Runtime Error on start up

Options

I am getting this message on start up & am unable to start Reckon . Any suggestions ?

Runtime Error!

Program: ...rogram Files ()x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2020\qbw32.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

HI @Kerrie Wilson

Is this a new install of Reckon Accounts you've put on your PC or have you been using it for a while now?

Does the same message appear if you restart your PC and then attempt to launch the software?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kerrie Wilson
    Kerrie Wilson Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have been using Reckon accounts for years , this is the 2020 edition. Yes I get the same message no matter what I do, PC has been restarted many times & I have made sure all updates are correct.

• Karla
    Karla Member Posts: 8
    Options

Hi Kerri,

Did you end up getting an answer? I am having exactly the same issue ... I have also been using Reckon Accounts for a while (no new install) and I have tried to restart my PC without luck.

Can anybody please help?

• Kerrie Wilson
    Options

Hi Karla,

So far, yes it is now working. Reckon asked me to right click on the app/program and press 'run as admin'. Have closed and reopened the program all day & working fine. Hope this works for you.

• Karla
    Karla Member Posts: 8
    Options

I tried that and it worked, thank you so much Kerrie!

• Gillian_9673196
    Gillian_9673196 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Did anyone ever get an answer to this problem? Everything working yesterday then today this.....please I need to get some work done!

• Kerrie Wilson
    Options

Hi Gillian,

Yes, all good now. Reckon asked me to right click on the app/program and press 'run as admin'. Have closed and reopened the program all day & working fine. Hope this works for you.

• Gillian_9673196
    Gillian_9673196 Member Posts: 53
    Options

Thanks Kerrie, that worked a treat.