Can I get help with Quicken personal plus here ?

Options

I have a copy of quicken personal plus 2012 and at reckon they told me to put questions to this community. Is that right?

What I am trying to find out is how to ensure my data file opens up on the correct data file if I closedown my version of the software for any reason including the computer closing down.

Should I be directing software to file location on hard drive or on an external drive or on the pc hard drive then back up to external drive?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

The data file should be located locally on your PC rather than an external drive ideally.

Is your file not opening correctly at the moment? If so, what is happening specifically? ie. are you encountering an error message etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• QuickenUser
    QuickenUser Member Posts: 2
    Options

when I close the application and open it again it takes me to the welcome to quicken screen. I then have to click option of click I am already a quicken user. Then it gives me a screen asking if I want to open a file located on the computer or open a back up file backed up onto a CD or disk. As I have file son back up at the moment, I go to hard disk external and find last file I backed up and open it. Then I work on it but not sure then were to save it so when I open quicken it will start up with data instead of having to load backup data again.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me and the additional info on this.

We actually have a help guide that goes over the repetitive 'Welcome screen' behaviour and how to resolve it. I'll link it below, when you have a chance I'd recommend that you review the steps and solutions and try it out in full.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,233 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

If this is all too hard call me and i will do it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com