Upgrading from Payroll Premier 17/18 to 20/21

Options

I had my old payroll records on a PP 17/18 version which I hadn't renewed, (due to partial sale of business and no remaining employees back in 2018). This program contains all my old records but I can no longer access the files. I now need to restart payroll, so I spoke to Reckon Sales today and was told I needed to renew subscription, so I have purchased Payroll Premier 20/21 and successfully loaded it. I now need to transfer my old records to 20/21 and can see that I am going to have to move through 17/18 to 18/19 to 19/20 to 20/21 as I understand I cannot go direct from 17/18 to 20/21. I followed some of the advice given to access old versions but my account only allows me access to the 20/21. Can you advise how I can get the interim versions of payroll premier? I am not really familiar with this software as I was not the person in the business who originally did all the payroll work, so I'm a newbie at this.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,415 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi @Bronwync

You can download trial versions of the prior editions on this page linked below which you can use to facilitate your upgrade -

Let me know if you have any trouble.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bronwync
    Bronwync Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi

Sorry foir the delay in actioning this. Been in hospital etc. OK, so I have loaded the trial versions for 2018/19 and 2019/2020. I have the new version purchased for 2020/21, all on the same computer. I tried to install the v26 backup straight to 2020/21 and it says it cannot accept that version, so I suppose I need to do a restore to each of the trial versions. Only, when I try to open the trial versions it says they have expired and I should buy a new one from Reckon. Have I missed a step?