Creating an ABA file to pay employees

Options
Linda_7590330
Linda_7590330 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

Online banking is working for supplier payments. I select the supplier's bills, check the online bank account and off they go ready to create an .aba file in online banking.

I can't get this to work for employee payments. Online banking is checked on every employee record but when I select the payment method when processing the payroll, there is only a list of our regular bank accounts, not the normal little flag we get for the online bank account.

Is there a setting elsewhere that should be checked to get this to work?

Thanks in advance

Linda

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited April 2021
    Options

It’s just the bank you have selected for online, mine just show the Westpac bank because that is the one linked to online, doesn’t have any little flag next to it in that window. If I click the arrow I can see all of the bank accounts but I never have to because it selects the only one setup as online bank.

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Thanks Kris but the account shown is the only account that is set up for online banking. It works for supplier payments but not employees.

I have checked the bank account in the accounts list and its definitely indicates online banking by the flag. I'm thinking it's some disconnection between the employee files and payroll processing as the default bank account is the electronic clearing account, which I've been using up till now.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,303 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

I’m happy to have a look at the file if you wanted to text me your login details

• Linda_7590330
    Options

Thanks for your help Kris, very much appreciated

Linda

• Kris_Williams
    Options

You’re very welcome Linda, any time