outlook v2 beta

Options

. I have been using Outlook V2 Beta to send invoices etc. I use this because some of my customers on older systems weren't getting the PDF. Recently this system has stopped working and I receive an error message. I have completely uninstalled Reckon accounts and Microsoft office (with Outlook) and re installed both but this problem persists. I have had to go back to using Outlook\Hotmail (which can be a pain) to email invoices. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ps Im using Reckon accounts premier 2021

Comments

• Bruce Crawford
    Bruce Crawford Member Posts: 10
    Options

Ps to above problem, the message I get is Sorry something went wrong. You may want to try again.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there @Bruce Crawford

Can you let me know where in the process you are encountering this error message?

Which version of Microsoft Office/Outlook are you using?

Can you recall if there have been any updates to either Windows or Office recently around the time you've noticed this issue first starting?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce Crawford
    Options

Firstly, It is happening when I try to email either an invoice or a statement, My version of Office\ Outlook is 2019 on a HP Laptop ( Didn't seem to have this problem with my duplicate Reckon Accounts I have on my HP desktop with Outlook 2013). I also believe that this problem started after a windows update, this has happened before with windows updates but I have reset to an earlier restore point to get around it. I used the beta version on Reckon because using Outlook ( not Outlook\Hotmail) was creating an issue of some customers with older computers getting a win.dat file instead of the PDF.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok thanks for that Bruce. I've done a bit of searching on that error message and while it looks to be coming from Outlook rather than Reckon Accounts, I wanted to confirm does it appear on emails sent directly from Outlook as well? ie. that have no relation to Reckon Accounts?

I also found a few steps/suggestions that folks have put out which have had some degree of success in solving it.

• Reinstalling Office (which you've already done)
    • Repairing the Office installation via Control Panel
    • Temporarily disable anti-virus and confirm if the error reappears
    • Reset the AutoComplete cache in Outlook via the Mail options menu

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Bruce Crawford
    Options

Thankyou for all above suggestions, they have all

been done, still no improvement.

• Bruce Crawford
    Options

Ps Other emails work fine it's just when I use Reckon accounts to send an email, like an invoice or statement.

• Rozep
    Rozep Member Posts: 20
    Options

Hi Bruce,

I was just wondering if you managed to resolve your issue?