Transfer of employees to new company and STP

Brooke
Brooke Member Posts: 19

We are moving our employees to a new company (restructure). I know how to transfer their information using export lists to IIF files, but I'm interested to know what I need to do regarding STP - ie, do I run the STP for the last payrun of the existing company as a 'finalise year' event?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Brooke,

Is the ABN for the new company staying the same as the current/existing one or is that changing as well?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brooke

Hi Rav, that is changing as well...

Thanks

Brooke

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok cool thanks Brooke.

In that case, yes you'll need to finalise the existing company first when you're ready to do so.

Once that is done, you will need to create a brand new STP entity in the GovConnect service for the new ABN and register the new Software ID that this new STP entity has with the ATO. You can create this new STP entity in the existing Portal account you have currently or if that is not suitable to your situation, you can create a separate account under a different email address.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Brooke

Ok, great. Thanks for your help Rav. Good to know I was on the right track!