Anyone else in Australia had Share Price Downloads stop in April?

Options

I haven't had any Share Prices download since 28th April.

Doesn't seem to work anymore.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi there,

I've just run an update in my Personal Plus 2021 installation this morning to test this. Prices have updated with yesterday's prices as normal (see screenshot example below) -

Is this affecting ALL shares you have in your software or a select few?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    NotHappyJan_9837443 Member Posts: 12
    Options

Yeah, it's all shares. I've looked at every setting! I might try turning it off and on again.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

I've switched off all shares, then added a couple back - still no download!

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

It spends a few seconds thinking obout it, and doesn't show any errors

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hmmm that's odd. Ok, lets start with the basics first. You might have been through these already at some stage but it might be worth reviewing the steps in this help guide on the potential causes of why they're not updating -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

I've tried all of those things. Since it affects all Securities, I assume it is more likely to be my firewall that is the problem. Especially since it looks as if Reckon is trying the download. Would it report a problem if it was blocked by a firewall?

I've disabled BitDefender, and looked at all the settings I can find in my wireless router. Maybe there is another firewall somewhere?

I'll try connecting via my phone's wireless hotspot to rule out my home network, and I'll try on my wife's laptop to rule out this machine.

Otherwise I'm at a loss.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

Ok - so I created a new Reckon file, added an account and a couple of securities. Voila - the price download works!

So what is it about my old file (with more than 20 years of history) that is stopping it from working?

• Rav
    Options

Well, glad that its been narrowed down at least. Hard to say what it could be about the existing file, its a bit odd that its only affecting this one operation. Can you through a validate and super validate of the file and see if that has any impact.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

Yeah - I did the super validation!

I wonder if my file has reached some sort of limit for prices - I started it in 1986 and I have about 50 securities active at any one time. There would be a lot of history!

Is there a way to discard old transactions that aren't related to my securities portfolio? Trouble is, a lot of other accounts are involved in transfers with my share accounts, so I worry that even deleting old credit card and bank accounts will upset my reconciliations.

If there was a clever way to maintain my relatively small amount of history needed for capital gains calculations whilst discarding all the old detail I don't care about, I would do it and reduce the file size enormously.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

My main QDF file is 43MB.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

Hmmm - i tried the year-end copy, but it failed with Error 7215.

Clearly something wrong with my file, and yet validate and super validate work. I suspect the file size is the issue.

• NotHappyJan_9837443
    Options

Problem solved!

I cleared all securities out of the update list and added just one back in and it worked.

Now I'm adding the active securities back in in small batches to identify which one was causing the problem.

Just odd that one dodgy code can prevent all the others from down-loading!