ItemNonInventory Price rounding + Sending SalesTaxCodeRef for each item line in PO

Options
Michelle Martin
Michelle Martin Member Posts: 13

When I send a unit price through ItemNonInventoryAdd or ItemNonInventoryMod in dollars and cents it only show in Reckon Enterprise 2021 as whole dollars.

When I send Purchase Orders or Invoices I just send an total Amount rather than Unit Price so it doesn't affect my PO/Invoice totals, but I would like to show the proper unit price in Reckon item list regardless.

Also

I have Purchase Orders with items with mixed tax codes, but my understanding is the SalesTaxCodeRef is not available for SDK6.1 AU/NZ? How will I manage this? The Tax Code is not necessarily the same as the expense account Tax Code specified in the item.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Michelle Martin

I've run your post over to our API team and they've suggested the below -

When I send a unit price through ItemNonInventoryAdd or ItemNonInventoryMod in dollars and cents it only show in Reckon Enterprise 2021 as whole dollars.

Is it possible that you are sending net amounts through but have your tax preferences to use gross amounts. The gross balance doesn't have any cents, only the net amount does. If that is not the case, the API support team will need you send the QBXML you are sending and a screenshot of how the item looks in the item list after it is sent through.

When I send Purchase Orders or Invoices I just send an total Amount rather than Unit Price so it doesn't affect my PO/Invoice totals, but I would like to show the proper unit price in Reckon item list regardless.

If you'd like to show the unit price you can do so by using <Quantity> and <Rate> on the purchase order, but you will need to use both as the amount will be calculated by multiplying the quanity and rate. You refer to the OSR here https://static.developer.intuit.com/qbSDK-current/common/newosr/index.html for PurchaseOrderAdd on the XMLOps tab to see how to use the quantity and rate fields. You should make sure to set the SDK version to 6.1 on the OSR.

I have Purchase Orders with items with mixed tax codes, but my understanding is the SalesTaxCodeRef is not available for SDK6.1 AU/NZ? How will I manage this? The Tax Code is not necessarily the same as the expense account Tax Code specified in the item.

The Reckon Accounts 2021 R1 release has fixed the issue with tax codes on purchases orders so you can just use the tax codes you want for each line.

Hopefully that helps but let me know if you need more info.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.