How to set up Annual & Personal Leave accrual for Part time employees on Reckon Hosted?

Options
0968906 Member Posts: 9

Hi,

An employee has recently been made from casual to permanent part time, working between 20 to 26 hours per fortnight. How do I set up Annual & Personal Leave on Reckon Hosted as her hours worked vary each fortnight? Should I select "Accrual period" as "Every pay" or "Every hour"? If "Every hour" is selected, how do I calculate the "hours accrued per hour paid"?

Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Every hour is better for casuals who have different hours every week. Normal annual leave based on a 38 hour week is 152 hours divide by 52 weeks and divide by 38 = .0769 hours per hour. Personal leave is half of that if 10 days a year is the normal allowance for a full timer. That’s my formula, others may have a different way of calculating it

Options

Thanks, Glenda 😊. So, if the employee works 24 hours/week, the accrual rate is 96 (i.e. 24 hours x 4 weeks) divide by 52 weeks and divide by 38 hours = 0.0485 hours per hour? When I entered this figure in the "Hours accrued per hour paid" in the "Holiday Leave Details" tab for the particular employee, 0.0485 changes to 2.55. How do I rectify this?

If the employee works 28 hours the following week, do I need to recalculate the accrual rate and enter the new rate in Reckon each time the employee's weekly hours change?

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

No it would be 24 x 4 = 96. Divide by 52 = 1.8461 per week or .0769 per hour,

to prove accuracy = .0769 x 24 x 52 =96 hours

ring me if I have confused you

Options

Thank you Glenda for responding to my enquiry.

I would also like to thank Kevin, a Reckon Accredited Partner for his assistance in teaching and helping me set up annual and personal leave accruals on Reckon Hosted. Your assistance went above and beyond. I highly recommend Kevin for all your Reckon support requirement.

• Kris_Williams
    Options

You’re welcome, just for next time my name is Kris

Options

My apologies, Kris 😬

• Kris_Williams
    Options

No worries☺️……….………..

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I realise you are the ace and solved her problem, but she referred to me as Glenda before you came on the scene, just wanted to clarify with her, nothing to do with you