Reckon desktop - setting up tool allowance

Options
PJKennedy
PJKennedy Member Posts: 24 ✭

Hi there

I have an employee who has a tool allowance but I am not sure which items to select in the payroll item wizard. Could you assist please? I have asked this question previously but I think the response I had related to Reckon Hosted. I don't have a strong accounts back ground so if this could be broken down into very simple steps it would be greatly appreciated. πŸ˜‰

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

It should show on payment summary and be tax free. Have a look in pay items in the settings as to how other allowances are setup

• PJKennedy
    Options

Thanks Kris, at this stage it is not showing up like that and I am unsure of how to change the settings in payroll items to alter this. Have you any suggestions please? Many thanks

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,293 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Go to the Cog top right - Settings. - pay items. Add

create a new allowance like this one

• PJKennedy
    Options

Hi Kris

Thank you so much for your detailed information - so very appreciated. However, we use the desk top edition of Reckon so our options and menu's have a totally different appearance. Warm regards PK

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Oh sorry about that you posted under Reckon One hence my confusion. I’ll have a look at the steps in desktop and get back to you. How about you give me a call about 10

• PJKennedy
    Options

Thanks Kris - that was my mistake. I will get in touch shortly - thank you once again for your assistance.

• PJKennedy
    Options

Hi again Kris - you will get a call from Bob regarding this as I am working from home and don't have the accounts computer with me here. So good to have such great support in this community!