Free Payroll App unable to submit to ATO - server not available error

Options
maranoalocksmiths
maranoalocksmiths Member Posts: 9
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I have downloaded and starting using this app for the first time. I have successfully created a payrun, however cannot submit this to the ATO. On completing the declaration and selecting Submit to the ATO - I keep on receiving the error - Cannot reach server - the server is temporarily unavailable - please try again later. This has been happening for over 5 days as I have tried several times a day. I have deleted the app from my mobile device and reinstalled this morning and still the same error.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @maranoalocksmiths

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble in getting your pay run submitted.

Can I please grab the ABN that you're using with the Payroll App and I'll do a few checks on my end.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• mojotzi
    mojotzi Member Posts: 4
    Options

I’m having the same problem

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav,

The ABN is 40609648535 - Thanks

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Thanks - ABN is 40609648535

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,391 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @maranoalocksmiths

Can you please go into your employee profiles and check that the info that is entered into each field is correct. Specifically that they are valid. One of the causes we've come across for the behaviour you've outlined is that employee email addresses and contact addresses are not input correctly..

EXAMPLE - An email address is spelled as ravatgmail.com instead of rav@gmail.com

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav,

We only have one employee and the email address is correct and is valid as it is the email address we use for our business. Any other ideas?

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav,

We only have one employee and the email address is correct and is valid as it is the email address we use for our business. Any other ideas?

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav - just checking in to see if you have any other suggestions as to why I am unable to submit a payrun to the ATO - I am still receiving the same error - server not available. Thanks

• Rav
    Options

@maranoalocksmiths

I'm really sorry but for some reason your replies are getting caught in the site's spam filter so I'm not getting notified when you reply 😕. Apologies for that, I'll get that checked out.

Now in regard to the issue you're experiencing.

The cause of the issue is related to a mismatch in the branch number for your ABN. If you head into the Company Details section in the app and check the branch number that is listed there.

To solve this, here's what I'd recommend you do -

Go into the Settings section in the app ➡️ Manage Company Details ➡️ Edit ➡️ Update your branch number to the branch number that your ABN has in reality.

The default branch number for an ABN is 001 however if you have a specific branch number for your ABN please enter it here.

Once that is complete it will solve the issue you're experiencing in sending pay runs through.

Let me know how you get on.

• mojotzi
    Options

I called ato and was given a branch number of 2. I’ve entered that number into my set up and is still not working.

• NVBC
    NVBC Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi - I am having the same issue - do you have any resolution / suggestions to get around the problem.

Currently the App is not working and unusable.

regards

Dave

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav - that you for your response. My branch number is definately 002 - i have removed and re entered and tried to submit and am still getting the same message after I complete the declaration. Cannot reach server. Any other suggestions?

• Rav
    Options

Sorry @maranoalocksmiths, one thing I failed to mention above is that you need to ensure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App in order for this to work. The latest version is 2.12.9, please download the app update from your app store if you haven't already.

If its still not working for you after this can you let me know your ABN in the Payroll App please.

• NVBC
    NVBC Member Posts: 2
    Options

I was getting this same error - and just managed to get this to work - the problem was the address field was blank in the profile - when I completed it - and tried again it worked.

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav,

I have downloaded the latest version as per your response (2.12.9) - my ABN is 40 609 648 535 - branch no 002. All email addresses and phyiscal addresses are correct and all fields in both the Company details and employee details are correct. I am still receiving the same error. Thanks Sam

• Rav
    Options

@maranoalocksmiths

I've asked our dev team to take a look into your account and straighten out the mismatch in the branch numbers. Once its done it will solve this issue and I'll let you know as soon as I've heard back.

• Rav
    Options

@maranoalocksmiths

Can you please logout of your Payroll App account now (use the Logout option in the Settings section in the app) then close the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, reopen it and log back in.

You should be ok to send through a pay run now but let me know how you get on.

• maranoalocksmiths
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes!!! Fantastic!!! It worked. 😃

Thank you !!

• muffin23
    muffin23 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Ravi, my ABN is 95605374374, I have same issue as above, the server is temporarily not available, try later, l also follow up your guidance to other guys, I set up company name, and branch number is 1, my version is 2.12.14, newest version, check all staff's information are right. I also called tax office, they tried to fix it & don't know reasons, could you check and help us please.

Regards William

• muffin23
    muffin23 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Rav, this is William, I have solved the issue by checking my business address.. following your guidance. Thanks. Regards William

• mojotzi
    Options

i sent same comment regarding same issue…… no response for weeks until I upgraded to premium and it was only then I got any response……..