APP CAN'T FIND COMPANY OR ABN ON INITIAL SETUP

Karen Purssell
Karen Purssell Member Posts: 35 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

Hi Rav

I was just helping a client set up the app for the first time. The app couldn't find the company name or the ABN. Any suggestions?

Also she installed the app on her laptop, is that a problem? I never have tried it on a laptop before.

Thanks, Karen

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Karen,

What is the ABN that you're trying to enter? Is it a valid ABN that appears in the ABR here?

Also she installed the app on her laptop, is that a problem? I never have tried it on a laptop before.

When you say she installed it on a laptop, how was that done specifically? Were you just going to the web access for the app linked below or some other way?

• Karen Purssell

Hi Rav

That was a fast response! The ABN is current and shows up in ABN lookup. It is 68 120 551 091.

Regarding the laptop she installed it from playstore which was on her laptop.

Thanks Karen

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

I've just had a look at that ABN and entered it into our system and it shows as valid and available to register in any of our STP solutions including the Payroll App.

Sorry to ask the super basic thing but, are you entering it correctly when typing it into the app?

Or alternatively, after you've entered the ABN into the field, make sure you press the ✔️ or Return button on your keyboard for it to search. It will bring up results after doing that.

Regarding the laptop she installed it from playstore which was on her laptop.

Sounds cool! To be honest, I haven't come across that sort of setup and the app is more designed for use on a phone but if it works then there's no issue with using it on the laptop.

• Karen Purssell

Hi again.

Yes it worked this time thanks.

That's interesting about the laptop use.

Karen