ABN & Branch number is already registered - migrating to new payroll app

Sand
Sand Member Posts: 7
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hello,

I'm having trouble migrating to the new payroll app. It says “This ABN & branch number is already registered. My ABN is 34249841940,

Thankyou.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @Sand

Can you please try the migration again now and let me know if you're able to proceed successfully this time.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sand
    Sand Member Posts: 7

Hi Rav,

All good now, Thanks.

• Melissa
    Melissa Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2021

@Rav I'm also having the same issue with ABN & branch number is already registered. ABN is 45270593028. Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Melissa,

Can you give it another go now and let me know if you're able to migrate over this time around.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Melissa

@Rav have logged in to new payroll app. tried to migrate from old STP app. Message- "Failed to create gov connect subscription". If i try again it displays the ABN branch number is already registered.

• Rav

Ok, lets try something a little different this time, instead can you please follow the steps below -

• Close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.
    • Head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with the email address you use to login to the STP app.
    • Follow the prompts to migrate. It will follow the same flow as the migration process on the phone app.
    • Once the migration has completed, just login to the Payroll App to access the account.

That should work but either way let me know how you get on.

• Melissa

When i log into the website the following message automatically appears:

Something went wrong

Migration wasn't completed successfully. This could be due to several reasons. Visit our migration FAQ page or try again.

I select try again and after a short while the following message appears.

Migration didn't work, Give us a call on 1300 444 555 and we'll help you.

• Rav

Hi Melissa,

Did you have a look at the info in the article linked in that message before you tried the migration again? It has info on the potential causes of why the migration is failing and how to solve it.

If you're receiving the 'Migration didn't work' message now though it sounds like your migration attempts have been exhausted. I'll ask our dev team to hopefully reset it so that you can try again. I'll let you know once that is done.

Before you do try again though, it sounds like there is some info in your STP app account that needs to be checked as it sounds like that is causing the problem.

Go back into your STP app account and check the following -

Employee details

Verify that employee details entered are complete and correct on the STP app. Date of birthFirst and last name fields cannot be left blank. Email address format must not contain invalid characters or spaces (screenshot example below). Checked terminated employee's details as well.

Company details

Verify the company details entered are complete and correct on the STP app. Remove any invalid characters from company details.

After you have verified that all employee and company details are correct, you can sign into Payroll app with your STP user account to start moving across to the Payroll app.

• Rav

Hi Melissa,

Just a further update to the above, your migration status has now been reset so you can try again however please ensure you check over the info in your STP app account as outlined above before doing so.

• Melissa

Thanks @Rav . I have double checked all personal and company details and tried the migration again. Success!