NEED TO CHANGE GST BRANCH NO.

Options
Noahroman_01
Noahroman_01 Member Posts: 7
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Branch No. should be 002 (not 001).

I have not submitted a pay run yet.

I realised the error when I was on the phone to ATO to Register Software ID. The software ID has been registered. I DID NOT go through and submit the pay run as I wanted to correct the Branch No. first, however, it will not allow me to change the number (it says "you can't change your GST branch after you have submitted your first pay run). The pay run is ready to be submitted but it hasn't been submitted yet.

Details as follows:-

Account email address: brn.excavations@gmail.com

ABN: 20 651 254 894

Branch No. should be 002

Can you please help ASAP.

Thanks

Cynthia

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Cynthia,

Really glad that you didn't send through the submission before getting this addressed 😊

Ok, I've made a change on my end for your account. What I need you to do is, logout of your Payroll App account (use the Logout option in the Settings section in the app) and close it down in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, reopen the app and login. It should ask to setup your ABN again at this stage so go through and register it as GST branch 002 this time. You will have a new Software ID once the 002 registration is setup for your ABN which will need to be registered with the ATO.

Let me know how you get on.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Noahroman_01
    Options

Hi Rav

Thanks for getting back to me. I've a problem. Everything was fine until I got to Book Details, I changed the branch to 002 and pressed Next. The screen has been stuck on Book Details with a circle going around for about half an hour now. I can't do anything with it I'm stuck there.

Do you have any suggestions?

Cynthia

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Cynthia,

Can you logout of the app and close it down in full again.

Log back in. Does the app take you through to your account or does it ask you to register your ABN again? If its the latter, its going to result in an 'ABN already registered' message but let me know.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Noahroman_01
    Options

Hi Rav

I can't log out as it is stuck.

Before when I logged back in it asked me to register the ABN again.

I'm thinking I may need to uninstall app and reinstall it again. What do you think?

Cynthia

• Rav
    Options

If you just close down the app ie. swipe it away from your running apps and then reopen it does it ask you to log back in again?

• Noahroman_01
    Options

No I can't reopen it. It just takes me back to the Book Details screen. I can't do anything.

Cynthia

• Noahroman_01
    Options

Hi Rav

I've downloaded the app on a different device and was able to sign in. It asked me to register the ABN again which I did. I then get an "ABN & branch number is already registered" message.

• Rav
    edited July 2021
    Options

@Noahroman_01

I've made another change to your account this morning which hopefully should allow you setup your book correctly.

Can I get you to close down the app fully once more if its still running.

This time though can you please follow these steps below -

• Close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.
    • Head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in.
    • Register your ABN and go through the prompts to setup your business in the app.

That should work but either way let me know how you get on.

• Noahroman_01
    Options

I've done as you've asked, however, after signing in the next screen won't load. Just a white screen so I closed it and tried again but this time it won't load the screen to sign in.

• Rav
    Options

@Noahroman_01 can you head to the same web page https://payroll.reckon.com/  but this time in an incognito/private tab on your browser. That should load the page to sign-in so please do so one more time and let me know if it allows you to proceed.

• Noahroman_01
    Options

No luck was able to sign in but after that same as before - won't load.

• Rav
    Options

Ok thanks for trying Cynthia.

Leave this with me for a bit, I'm going to send the details over to our dev team to do a bit of digging on why this is happening and more importantly, how we can solve it.

• Rav
    Options

@Noahroman_01

Hi Cynthia,

My devs are currently doing some work on your account to try and straighten this out. They've picked up that you've mentioned you registered the Software ID for the (incorrect) branch 001 registration with the ATO already in your opening post. They need to know a little bit more info so they can proceed which I'll list below -

• The Software ID that you've registered with the ATO so for the branch 001 registration under your ABN. Do you have access to the ATO Access Manager Portal? If so, you'll find the Software ID for the current 001 registration in there.
    • Full legal name of your business entity:
    • Confirm that your actual branch is 002:
    • Contact name:
    • Contact email address:
    • Contact phone number:
    • Full Contact address:

Don't list the above info here on the public Community but shoot it through to me in a Private Message instead.