Adjust GST error in previous BAS
We paid in invoice of $3,300.00 to a supplier which incl GST (in July 2020). Since then, we've been advised there was an error & invoice should not have incl GST. The supplier has issued us with an updated invoice (no GST). So the supplier will refund us $300 to our account.
I believe we now have adjust our BAS (April - June 2021) to reduce the GST we are claiming by $300.
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this? Do we just manually adjust the amount of GST we are claiming back in BAS this quarter (reduce by $300)? Should we just credit the refund (from supplier) to GST account code?
Appreciate any suggestions about BAS and Reckon entries.
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 144 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 929 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 12 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 946 Payroll Premier
- 115 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community