STP App, Payroll App & Reckon One

System
System Member Posts: 225 Moderator Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Reckon payroll app - migration problem.

Comments

• Michelle_10861650
    Michelle_10861650 Member Posts: 5

I've been using the free STP App since April 2020, and Reckon One on desktop since August 2021. I'm having similar problems with the new payroll App. I have had multiple error messages, and eventually had to updated my password. Neither the app nor the desktop version will load. I've been trying in the evenings all week with no success.

Luckily I had submitted my EOFY data from the old app, but will need assistance to get this rolling soon!

I guess I'll be calling the helpline tomorrow. Very inconvenient when I need to do bookwork over the weekend. No payslips this week.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,087 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

It sounds like there are a few things going on here so lets try and tackle it one step at a time.

I've been using the free STP App since April 2020, and Reckon One on desktop since August 2021.

First up, can you clarify the above. Have you been using BOTH the STP app and Reckon One concurrently? ie. is there any reason you're not just using Reckon One for payroll and STP submissions?

I have had multiple error messages, and eventually had to updated my password. Neither the app nor the desktop version will load. I've been trying in the evenings all week with no success.

Secondly, can you give me a rundown on where things are at currently. It sounds like you no longer have access to the STP app AND Reckon One, is that correct?

If so, what is happening specifically? What is the exact error message you are receiving?

• Michelle_10861650

Hi Rav.

I accessed STP app first as stand alone. I was using an old ATO software package for everything else. As it is no longer supported, I figured I'd move over to reckon one. I didn't add the payroll software to my basic pack as i already had the STP app running well.

I can still log in to both reckon one and the stp app. but both the new free payroll app and the web version are not letting me in. The payroll app accepts my log in details and sends me a sms code. it then comes up with 'something went wrong'. we can't complete your request. Reload the page or log out if the issue persists. I have tried both. also deleted app and reloaded. can't get past that page.

I then tried the payroll web page. initially it got caught in a loop with three dots loading, but didn't go anywhere. several attempts since it says "message":"forbidden".

I'm not sure where to go next.

I have updated staff details in app as per another post on community - DOB and emails for all staff.

michelle

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,087 Community Manager Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me and for the extra info Michelle, I think I'm up to speed on where things are at now.

Ok, at this point there are a couple of options available to you.

The first is, you can add the Payroll module to your existing Reckon One subscription and then use just that one single software as you are now but with payroll and STP added to it.

Note: Data from your STP app account cannot be migrated to Reckon One.

The second option is related to the migration from the STP app to the Payroll App. I'll need to check out your account to make sure but if your existing Reckon One book has the exact same name as the Payroll App account you're creating then it might cause issues. Can I grab your ABN please and I'll check out what's happening on my end.

• Michelle_10861650

Thanks Rav,

I wondered if that was causing a conflict.

ABN 27 715 800 273

Hill Optical Unit Trust

Michelle

• Rav

Thanks for that Michelle, I've just had a look and yes the Reckon One book and Payroll App account have the exact same name which the app doesn't particularly work well with at the moment.

If you rename your Reckon One book slightly and then close the Payroll App in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone then try the migration again it should go through ok.

To rename your Reckon One book, just login to Reckon One here https://portal.reckon.com/ as you normally do but before opening the book click on the menu button then Settings.

I've made a quick screen recording below which outlines how to update a Reckon One book name -

Either way though, let me know if you have any trouble after this.

Cheers

• Michelle_10861650

Thanks Rav.

That hasn't worked either. I have renamed the reckon on book as instructed, and made sure I've logged out of STP, Payroll and reckon one. Still no luck. App still gives same error message. 'Somethings wrong' etc

It sends me the SMS and thinks for a while, nut still no result.

Michelle

• Rav

Sorry Michelle, I've just had another look and there was one other configuration task that needed completion which I've gone ahead and fixed for you.

If you try it again once more it should work this time but do let me know.

Cheers

• Michelle_10861650

Excellent - thank you Rav. That looks promising. Migration worked. Then another error message, but logged out and in again and all good. Just need to update employee details re tax, leave etc.

Thank you so much for your help. i can now start the new financial year bookwork.

Have a great day!

Michelle