Importing / transferring data from Reckon Accounts 2013 to Reckon One??

Options

Have been using Reckon Accounts 2011-12 version (upgraded to 2013 version).

Laptop died so had to upgrade and purchase a new one only to find Reckon Accounts 2013 isn't compatible with Window 10 so had to subscribe to Reckon One - then find out i can't import any business files or datd from Reckon Accounts 2013 to Reckon One?????

Is this still the case ????

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Adrian,

Reckon One is our cloud service which operates on a vastly different technology platform than the desktop-based Reckon Accounts desktop version you're currently using.

Your existing data can be moved to Reckon One however it needs to undergo a data migration for that to happen. There is no ability to just take your existing company file and just upload it to Reckon One as it cannot read the data from it.

With that said, Reckon One isn't your only option. You could also upgrade to a newer (current) version of Reckon Accounts which at the moment is Reckon Accounts 2021. Your data file will open directly in this without the need for migration etc.

Note, the current editions of Reckon Accounts, and Reckon One for that matter as well are all subscription based.

It might be best to have another chat with our Customer Service team. They are assisting with transitioning users of older editions across to newer supported versions heavily discounted offers.

If you'd like me to organise a call for you to have a chat about some options let me know.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Adrian_10861896
    Adrian_10861896 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thank you for that. I did sign up on the 30 day trial for Reckon One thinking that was the current version. If Reckon Accounts 2021 will allow access without migration then that is where I will need to be.

I have no issues subscribing if required. I will contact the customer service team when I get some time to set it up.

Thank you for your advice and assistance.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

No worries at all.

Yes Reckon Accounts 2021 will allow you to open your existing file without any migration. You can give the Reckon One trial a go but in this case, it sounds like it might not be the best option for you so I'd suggest deactivating it before the free 30 day period is finished. There's info on how to deactivate the Reckon One trial here.

Sing out if you have any questions.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Adrian_10861896
    Adrian_10861896 Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thanks mate - I appreciate the assistance.