Reckon 2021 installation

I have been using Reckon 2015, and now have purchased a subscription for Reckon 2021. If I install the newer version, do I have to uninstall the old version. How do I not lose any data, and how does the data transfer to the new software? Sorry but I am technically challenged!!!

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @bellmar

Your data is saved to the file that you work on and save, not the software installation.

Its a good idea to have at least a couple of up to date copies of your file saved in different locations just as a best practice in case for whatever reason things may go sideways eg. PC breaks down, corruption etc.

You do need to uninstall the previous version of Personal Plus or Home & Business prior to installing the new edition. I'd highly recommend that you review the information in our installation & upgrade guide linked below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• bellmar
    bellmar Member Posts: 2

I have backed up the file to C drive, also backed up to F drive with a USB. Is there any way we can talk to you to help?

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

You can call me for assistance.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com