Pam Bray

Hi, I have recently transferred from an old pc to a new laptop with Windows 11 and have successfully copied over all my software and files with the exception of Quicken Personal 2009. When trying to open the program there is an error message: 'The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.'

I then downloaded the latest trial version Reckon Accounts 2022, and got the same message when trying to open it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as per previous suggestions to no avail. I have been in contact with Reckon support, who have checked a couple of things like turning off protected mode in Adobe Reader, but I'm still getting the same error message. Hoping someone in the Community may be able to help me.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Pam,

There's a help guide for this particular error message which I'll link below. From what you've mentioned it sounds like the team may have gone through the first step of this already which is the Adobe Reader protect mode.

There are a couple of further steps to attempt if that first step doesn't work in the guide which might be worth trying -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Pam_10862426
    Pam_10862426 Member Posts: 2

Thanks Rav. Yes, the support team tried the first step with no success, and said I would have to try the second step. However it made absolutely no sense to me, so I was hoping someone in the community might have an easier fix!

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,204 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert

I am using 2022 without any issues, go back to the beginning and using Revo uninstaller clean your files out and start again, if you want i can work with you,

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com