Connecting to QODBC via .NET

Options

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded to Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2021 R2 from version 2019, and also updated to the latest version of QODBC. Since then our integration to Reckon via QODBC hasn't worked.

We are receiving the following error when trying to open the ODBC connection (from a .NET application) on both Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 R2.

ERROR [00000] [QODBC] QuickBooks Begin Session Failed. Error = 80040408, E04: Could not start Reckon Accounts to process your request. Please verify the path to the company file included in your request.

We followed up with QODBC support, who found the following error in the QODBC SDK logs.

20211202.152922 E 33896 RequestProcessor An internal error occured while looking for a running instance of Reckon Accounts. Cannot continue. hr = 800401f3

20211202.152922 E 33896 RequestProcessor Could not create instance of Reckon Accounts. hr = 8004041c

QODBC support stated that this is a known issue with Reckon Accounts, and to try Rebuild Data under the menu (which didn't help). Otherwise to contact Reckon for support.

I'll also note that (besides our company file & application using QODBC) this issue also happens with the sample Reckon accounts company file and the sample VB .NET application that is supplied by QODBC. So completely reproducible outside of our system.

However the regular VB (not .NET based) demo application provided with QODBC opens the connection fine, suggesting it's something .NET related.

Reckon, is this a known issue that you're aware of (as QODBC have suggested)?

Has anyone else had this same issue?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,427 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @matthewm

I've just checked in with our API team in relation to this and I understand that Shane from our team has been in contact via email.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• matthewm
    matthewm Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Rav,

Yes they have thanks. We will follow up the issue via email.