Single Touch Payroll - update event v full file replacement

Mark_9766087
Mark_9766087 Member Posts: 25

Hi am on Reckon Accounts hosted and have realised that was an error in the last STP submission through Reckon GovConnect.

There were only two (new) employees on that particular run.

2 weeks later (today) have discovered a problem and will need to correct the previously submitted STP which was done on 3/12/21.

To fix the problem do I use Update Event of Full File Replacement when resubmitting STP for the 3/12/21 pay run?

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

It will be included in your next submission anyway so you don’t have to do either but I would probably select full file replacement

• Mark_9766087

Thanks Chris ... there was a problem with it because for some reason the software had a figure in the gross on STP which was under, so had to reverse because todays run simply added todays run to an incorrect figure.

I think (and hope) I am on the right track and when resubmitting will use FFR as you suggested.

Problem stemmed from Salary Sacrifice issue.

Fingers crossed, thanks for you help!

• Mark_9766087

I must be missing something here ...

The initial payslip for the new (Sal Sac) employee for one week was as follows per the attached ( 2 pages & STP record in

Reckon Gov Connect)-

Gross salary on payslip is 1,442.31

But Gross pay inserted on Reckon Single Touch payroll is $1,086.54

What am I missing?

I don't get it ...

The $1,086.54 gross pay being reported to ATO seems to be:

Gross $1,442.31

less sal sac - 500.00

plus SGC $144.23

Why would SGC be included in Gross Salary? I must be missing something here.

I redid it it taking a lot of time to undo today's pay as well as the possible problem one (3/12/21), but nothing has changed.

• Mark_9766087

Ok, have worked it out ... tax tracking field on payroll Item was incorrect ... have rectified the problem.