STP is not showing after being uploaded

Options
Sunstate_Fruits
Sunstate_Fruits Member Posts: 20
edited December 2021 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I just tried to upload this weeks STP and noticed that last weeks did not upload. At first I thought I had forgotten, however, I have attempted twice to upload this weeks and both times it says success but the file is not showing at all.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @Sunstate_Fruits

Can I just confirm, are you using Reckon One (which this post has been created under) or some other software such as Reckon Accounts (desktop), Reckon Accounts Hosted etc?

Does your ABN have a GST branch number?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Options

Oops sorry Rav, yes I use Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

I don't believe we have a GST branch number, but I can't be sure.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,497 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok thanks for that.

The behaviour that you've described has two main causes;

Uploading your STP file to the incorrect product selection in GovConnect

So for example, if you have more than one Reckon product selected in your STP entity in GovConnect such as I have in the screenshot below, I need to make sure that I select the 'Reckon Accounts Desktop' product by clicking it (you'll see the green triangle) under it to denote that's the one I'm uploading to.

If you select the incorrect product in GovConnect such as 'Payroll Premier' for instance and then attempt to upload the STP file you created in Reckon Accounts Desktop to it then it won't upload as its not compatible.

GST branch number missing/invalid

The second reason this can occur is if you have a missing or invalid GST branch number listed in your 'Company Information' section in Reckon Accounts which doesn't match the branch number on your STP entity in GovConnect.

For example, I have GST branch number 778 for my ABN in GovConnect and I need to make sure that same GST branch number is listed in my 'Company Information' in Reckon Accounts.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Options

HI Rav,

Thanks for your response.

We have two Companies which I upload the STP files for each week. It did not have a problem loading the STP file for the first company and it also shows last weeks as successfully loading.

I have checked both or your suggestions.

The first suggestions was to do with the Product Selection with GovConnect. I confirm we only use Reckon Account Desktop and it is the only option available within GovConnect.

Your second suggestion was that the GST branch number was missing or invalid. I have looked at our Company Information section and we do have a number in that field. However this number is not showing in GovConnect.

But it is also not showing in the other company either. And the STP file uploaded successfully this week and last week.

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Options

Does anyone have any further suggestions about why this could be happening? I have just logged in again and there is not STP files loaded for the last 2 weeks.

• Nitesh Sharma
    Nitesh Sharma Reckon Staff Posts: 13 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi @Sunstate_Fruits

As you Mentioned that there is a branch number mentioned under Company information window, however no branch number is displayed under Reckon GovConnect.

Please remove the branch number from that field and export a new STP (JSON) file and try uploading it to the GovConnect.

Please let us know the outcome.

• Sunstate_Fruits
    Options

Hi Nitesh,

that fixed it - thank you. I have just uploaded this weeks STP also and it appears to have uploaded successfully.

Thank you for your help. :-)