Payroll app - SGC payments

Antipodean01
Antipodean01 Member Posts: 14
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Hi,

I pay SGC quarterly, but just saw that that on the monthly runs (that go to the ATO), 10% of gross wages is listed under "Superannuation" for July-Nov 2021 inclusive.

For July to Sept inclusive, should I edit those runs by reducing the super pmts for July and Aug to $0 and tripling what I submitted for Super in Sept?

If so, then I should also delete what appears like Super pmts in Oct and Nov (and entering the actual quarterly sum paid in Dec within the Dec pay run, being triple what appeared in the Oct or Nov pay run)?

Please advise. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Joseph Li
    Joseph Li Member Posts: 499 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Employer super liability is an attribute of the pay run in payroll systems. Payment of super liability is not a payroll event.

I hope you are not going to submit Dec pay run within next couple of days because ATO systems are under maintenance.

Answers

• Joseph Li

Single Touch Payroll reports employer super liability, not the amount of super paid by employer. The inclusive end date reflects the latest pay run date. Payroll App is behaving correctly, it is wrong to change pay run super amount as per your suggestion.

• Antipodean01

Ok.

As I understand you, the dollar value listed in each month's pay run (which is 10% of gross wages) is the employer's liability for that month and NOT what the employer PAID that month.

If so, then as you suggest, I will NOT make any changes to earlier pay runs and will lodge the Dec pay run as per usual, which will (without me inputting anything in the SUPERANNUATION field) show the liability for the month of Dec, (being 10% of gross wages) even when I am paying 3 months' worth of SGC.

Thank you Joseph.

• Antipodean01

Thanks again Joseph.

I will take your hint and submit the pay run AFTER the ato has finished maintenance on 04JAN22.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 482 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert
  • Antipodean01

Hey Swakhlu01, thanks for that. I have a question for you.

Assuming wages are paid at month end, every month, what is the deadline for reporting via the payroll app?

That is, can reporting be delayed say on account of the relevant person being on holidays, sick etc and if so, for how long?

• Joseph Li

The rules say to report before payment of net wages. Happy New Year.