Car allowance

Sherry
Sherry Member Posts: 7
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

The Payroll app - in past to December, I had no problem in entering $140 car allowance non taxed. Just before Christmas, it wouldn’t accept $140 but did accept two entries of $100 and $40

Now it won’t accept any value under car allowance non taxed?? You type it in and then it shows $0. Help please

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Sherry

I've just created a test pay run to see if I can replicate this however in my case it seemed to work as normal (screenshot below).

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? If not, can you please grab the latest update from your app store and then try it again. Does the same behaviour persist?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sherry

Hi Rav, sorry responded via email but not here. This is still continuing. App is up to date. I have rebooted phone. I have logged out of the app and back in again. It works for car allowance taxed or other allowance, just not for car allowance non taxed. I still can't rectify this and it should have been lodged 19 January with more since!

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Sherry

Sorry to hear its still happening. Can you do me a favour and just let me know -

Is this happening for all employees or just a particular one that you're including in the pay run?

Secondly, can you head into Settings ➡️ Allowance Items ➡️ Car Allowance (non-taxed) and just check if the item is setup correctly/what you need it to be. I've added a screenshot of what mine looks like below just as reference only.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sherry

Hi Rav, It did actually work when I tried it for another employee?!

• Sherry

Settings is the same as you have for non taxed car allowance with a default rate there of $140, the Tax Applicable box is not checked, and the Show as allowance box is checked.

• Rav

Hmm ok, I just did a bit more testing but I still can't seem to replicate what you're experiencing 😕.

Can you send me a Private Message (click on my name then select 'Message') with a screenshot (or even screen recording if you're able to) of the what's happening in the pay run when you're attempting to add this particular allowance item to the specific employee who is having the problem.

Also please include the ABN and email address you've registered to your Payroll App account, I'll see if I can get some info from our dev team about this.

• Sherry

Hi Rav, I have sent this through directly. Thanks Sherry