Print report Errors - Quicken Personal Plus 2006

deborahrose
deborahrose Member Posts: 4

Hi,

I got a new Windows 10 PC in September 2021 and installed my Quicken Personal Plus 2006 on it and had it activated. I thought the program was working fine, but I hadn't attempted to print any hard copy reports or PDF reports till now as our accountant requires them for the end of our financial year.

I can view the reports on screen, but when I press Print Report, immediately a message comes up

labeled "Intuit Printing Library" and message The PDF driver cannot be found. To restore it please make sure you are in admin mode and run restorePDFDriver.bat from C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken \PdfDrv

When I press ok to follow this step, another error message comes up Error Code 7227 and Quicken Closes.

I tried the above recommendation (restorePDFDriver.bat) and this did not help. I cannot even get to choose to print with my paper printer, as the first thing that pops up when choosing to print report is about the PDF driver.

As I have tried a few times to print, I always get the restorePDF message, but I have noticed on being shut out of Quicken there have been other error codes 7238 and 1797 that show in the second screen. Not sure why the error code changes.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @deborahrose

I've found a help guide in relation to that error message which I'll link below. It contains steps to follow on how to solve the error.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• deborahrose

Hi @Rav

Thank you for the link you shared, unfortunately this did not work, I am still getting the same issue and error message.

I followed the steps listed in the link, and and copied the 'framedyn.dll' file, but when it pastes the 'framedyn.dll' file into C:\Windows\System 32 folder it pastes it as a copy, it won't replace the existing 'framedyn.dll, and I cannot delete or rename the original one.

Are there any other options I can try?

Thanks,

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Sorry to hear it didn't work @deborahrose

The other suggestion would be to perform a clean uninstall and then reinstall of the software from your PC. There are a few steps involved with that and some care needs to be taken as well to ensure you have saved copies of your files.

I'll link a guide below that will walk you through the process -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• deborahrose
    edited May 2022

Hi @Rav

Thanks for the link to the clean Uninstall and Reinstall. I followed all the uninstall steps and reinstall steps, reactivated the account but sadly I am still getting the same issue. There must still be files hidden somewhere on the computer that didn't remove. It is only relating to the Printing option.

I guess I have run out of options unless you know of another thing to try?

I do have another Windows 10 Laptop that I could try installing on. Update: I did a clean install on another Windows 10 laptop, hoping this would solve the issue, but on the Sample Data base, there is the same issue;

"The PDF driver cannot be found. To restore it please make sure you are in admin mode and run restorePdfDriver.bat from C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\PdfDrv" then say ok, and error code 7143 comes up.

Has anyone else reported an issue with Windows 10 with printing reports?

My laptop is 64 bit.

What do you recommend? Is there an option to upgrade, and will my data still work?

Thanks,

Deborah

• deborahrose

Hi @Rav

I notice in a locked post about Quicken (on a MS forum from back in 2018) that mentions a patch that they got from Quicken. Do you think I could get this patch 15.1?

........I"n reply to JosephFerguson1948's post on January 9, 2018

I have Quicken Home and Business 2016, running on Windows 10. Just recently I have not been able print reconciliation reports. I haven't tried other reports yet. 

I had ":chat" with Quicken "help"  and they downloaded a patch for Release 15.1, after which printing worked.".....

@Rav is there anyway we can find this patch for Release 15.1?

Thank you.

Deborah