How do we handle a transfer from one old desktop (Windows 10) to a new desktop (Windows 11)?

Options

I am in the process of transferring my files from an aged desktop which is running Windows 10 Home edition to a brand-new desktop running Windows 11 Home. I was told by a Reckon employee that it was just a simple exercise to transfer the data to the new computer – problem solved. So, I have transferred the data and whilst the new computer accepts new data, the program crashes when I seek to save entries. Any help would be appreciated. I understand that the software cannot be held on both computers. Would appreciate help.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @philedco

When it came to moving your software over did you follow the process outlined here?

If so, can you outline the exact nature of the issue you're currently experiencing ie. where does the software crash eg. when launching it, opening your file, performing a specific task etc etc

If you have any screenshots as well that would be helpful.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,232 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

Give me a call and let me fix it for you.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com