Full File Replacement of "Finalise Year" file (Reckon Enterprise desktop)

Options

I have an error in my submitted "Finalise Year" file and no one can do their tax returns until I fix it!!!

I resubmitted the file but a it not a "Full File Replacement " it's has not corrected the problem with the ATO

How can I do a "Full File Replacement" of the "Finalise Year" data so I can resubmit it and get the ATO to use the right information?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

After you've corrected whatever the error was, create a NEW End of Financial Year finalisation and send it through. It will overwrite anything that came before it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jacksons
    Jacksons Member Posts: 5
    Options

Nope - they are both sitting there

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

That's correct, the submissions will remain in your list as they are. Any submissions that you have already sent are required to be retained as per the ATO's mandate.

What I'm referring to however, and should have made clearer earlier is that once you send through a new EOFY finalisation the balances that it contains will overwrite any & all balances that are on the ATO's end and instead replace it with the balances in that new finalisation.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jacksons
    Jacksons Member Posts: 5
    Options

Okee-dokee - will wait and see - their MyGov accounts still have the wrong info on even though submitted the new one last week - maybe it takes a long time for the ATO to action...???

Thanks

• Rav
    edited July 2022
    Options

Potentially could be the case, I know that the ATO is getting absolutely hammered at this time of year with all of the End of Financial year activities occurring across the board from all businesses etc.

Just one thing to note which I'm sure you're already aware and/or done already but just ensure that you've created the EOFY finalisation as such in the software (info on that here) and then also selected 'Finalise Year' option when uploading to GovConnect.