Reckon Personal Plus Personal

Hi, I have been using Reckon products for many years, and every year having paid my subscription I have to go through an incredibly lenghty and complicated process to be able to use my software and activating it.

I am so dissappointed that Reckon has not streamlined this process to a more intuitive one. It is just the same old weary process that I have to remember year after year, and it fails every time and I have to wait for business hours at the Australian Reckon office so that I can call them and get my software working again.

This is just not good enough in my opinion, and when I do call them in about an hour I am going to give the representative who answers my call the biggest blast of dissatisfaction I can.

Regards Brian Collath.....

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear you've been having trouble with the activation of your software. Can you specify what the actual issue is that you're contending with ie. what is the process you're going through and where is it breaking down.

Also, are you encountering any specific error messages during this and if so, what are they? If you have screenshots that would also be helpful.

Let us know.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• collath
    collath Member Posts: 8

Hi Rav.

Thank you for responding so promptly. I usually pay my yearly subscription by EFTPOS, using the details provided in the Reckon reminder email. I was sent an invoice by mail, but this gives no clear instructions on how to load the software or the clear process with install and activate it. When I opened the Reckon Personal Accounts 2021 this morning, of course it said my software had expired. So in following the various options to renew (I tried them all) nothing worked. Sometimes, it popped up a screen to do it online, but these open, I think, in Internet Explorer 11, where annoying script errors pop up and no matter if I answer Yes or No, they still happen. I never use IE11 for any thing on any device (I prefer Chrome). How can I make Reckon use Chrome?

May I request that in future that Reckon sends me an eMail, after I have paid, and set out the clear and concise instructions to upgrade my software? Is that too much to ask?

Cheers, Brian.....

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

All of your software versions including any new versions that you've paid for are available to download from the Reckon Members Area here - https://members.reckon.com/

Simply login with your Customer ID & PIN then click on 'Download Software' on the left and you'll be able to select which version to download. The page will also outline the installation instructions and the necessary activation codes and any other details you'll require.

There is also specific installation information in the Reckon Personal Plus/Home & Business installation & upgrade guide which I'll link below

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• collath

Hi Rav.

I had a quick read of that guide and I do not see anything applicable to my case of upgrading and activation my paid for package.

Please explain where it says to remove old version and load new version?

Cheers, Brian .....

• Rav

Hi Brian,

There are a few places in the guide where uninstallation of the current version if outlined. See below for an example.

• collath

Hi Rav.

Thank you, but where does the Installion Key come from and where do you enter it from these instructions?

Cheers, Brian.....

• Rav

The installation key is presented to you on-screen when you select and download the software from the Reckon Members Area.