New install - Home & Business

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: New User - Reckon Personal 2022.

Comments

• Lou_Simonis
    Lou_Simonis Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2022
    Options

I am also a new user of Reckon Accounts Personal 2022, I believe the installation went correctly as I can see the fake accounts program provided.

However I have failed to open the existing data from my long term old Home and Business versions, the latest is Reckon Accounts Home and Business 2016, I have followed the instructions and validated the backup file. The reason for change is that I have retired for some time and don't need the included business data anymore.

I am clearly doing something wrong, but don't know how to fix my problem

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,386 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Lou_Simonis

Are you encountering the same error message as the OP?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lou_Simonis
    Options

Hi Rav,

I assume OP means other person. I suspect that is not the case. My error message appears to indicate the new program cannot eliminate the now unwanted business data in the backup file and fails therefore to install the wanted and correct personal files. I have had to go back to the old Home and Business program to keep my personal data up to date until I resolve the problem.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,386 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me @Lou_Simonis

Sorry I should have clarified, OP means original poster.

I've split your comments over into a new thread since it sounds like your situation/issue is different or at lease unrelated to the one specified in the other post.

Can you please post the exact error message including a screenshot as that will be helpful in understanding what is actually happening.

Secondly, you've mentioned you've gone back to Home & Business however your opening post mentions that you're a new user of Personal 2022. Was there a particular reason you've moved versions or is that a typo?

Note: Home & Business contains some functionality that does not exist in the Personal Plus version. I'm assuming this is where things might be going astray but I'll wait to hear from you in regard to the exact error message.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Lou_Simonis
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thanks for clarifying things. The issue is now a lot clearer for me, it clearly relates to the change of version. The reason for that is I retired some years ago and have no use for the business version to keep old data, however I have clear need for the records provided by Personal 2022. BTW I started with a very early version of Quicken Personal many many years ago and progressed into Reckon Personal and Business over the years 2016 being the last Version I am still using. A particular part has played up a few times, so I thought, time to get an updated version, maybe all the updates in Windows 10 are causing problems. I looked at Reckon website for days and got the impression the Personal and Business data would be updated, without the business data into Reckon Personal 2022. So I installed it no worries about the program, but the data conversion failed completely, sorry I cannot quote the exact message, but it related to the excess being the business data. Reckon does not allow two versions of a program on one computer, so I reinstalled 2016.

Late yesterday after messaging you, I found the answer, I filled out the Reckon form online for Reckon staff to do the Data conversion and eliminate the business pieces of data. They answered me quickly yesterday and will contact me today via email for details. I am now confident my problem will be resolved. Thanks for your help thus far. Perhaps you can leave this online, there must be other oldies who want to downsize programs after retiring.

Lou Simonis