How to get Reckon PP back to the main screen when no extra displays attached.

Options

I posted this in Reckon Accounts program area but I was advised to post here on designated PP section. I’m sorry if this re-post breaks some other rule but I’ve had no other response.

My setup is normally Surface 3 laptop w two extra monitors on Windows 11. With Reckon PP normally on one of the extra monitors

I've removed the laptop and don't have access to monitors. On opening Reckon PP it all sounds OK and indicates is open, but does not appear on the laptop screen.

Other programs (Word / Excel) open on the screen. Settings does not register any extra displays.

How do I get Reckon PP back to the main screen?

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Ok and does this continue to occur if you reboot the laptop after its been disconnected from the monitors?

Do you have additional desktop views setup on your laptop? (info here)

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Tiger20

If you press the Windows key + P, is your screen selection set to 'PC Screen only' after you've disconnected the laptop from the additional monitors?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Tiger20
    Tiger20 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Yes set to "PC Screen only"

• Tiger20
    Tiger20 Member Posts: 10
    Options

Thanks Rav

The answers for ref - Yes still happens on re-boot.

It seems I did have additional desktop views setup. I didn't know about them and presume they came on automatically.

I've "Closed" them/it, and now operating on a single screen again like I know and expect.

Oh I hate these automatic "Upgrades" IT companies apply. This one has wasted hours of my time and delayed using this program I wanted to use for days while away from my extra monitors.

Thanks again rav

• Rav
    Options

Glad to hear you got it solved and thanks for posting back your findings, will be good for fellow Community members in case they also find themselves in a similar situation.

Cheers!