Tax Detail Report breaking across dates

Options
KrissyBooks
KrissyBooks Member Posts: 14

Hi!

When I prepare a Tax Summary Report I get data shown as whole period totals eg 01/01/22-31/03/22.

When I prepare a Tax Detail Report for the same quarterly period, I get eg Jan-Feb, and March showing as two separate periods, each with a separate tally and then a Total Output or Total Input, and a Total Tax Owed balance

I am using the 'Custom' dates window and entering dates 01/01/2022 to 31/03/2022

If I choose 'Last Tax Quarter' the report does not break across dates

I want to see one whole period eg Jan-March, which is earlier than the 'Last Tax Quarter' and requires the use of the 'Custom' dates facility

AND if I choose 'Last Tax Year' the data clumps June-Aug, Sep-Nov, Dec-Feb, Mar-May which makes no sense of the Australian Tax Year at all!

So I have to choose 'Custom' but I want my report to provide information as one data period.

All suggestions welcome!

Lotsa love

KrissyBooks

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Are they both set to cash or accrual? Have to be the same to get the same figures

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Hi Kris

I have Company Preferences set to Cash reporting so that should be the same for all reports

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,302 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

Yes and it should tell on the top left of the report what the choice is

• KrissyBooks
    Options

Thanks Kris

I have gone into Preference and changed between Accrual and Cash but it makes no difference to the disjointed dates of the reports

For some reason it is framing 'last tax quarter' as a two month period (01/06/2022-31/08/2022), not a quarter

My Financial Year is set to start in July so quarters should move with that date but reports are a month out of sync AND produce date-to-date reports as 2 months plus a month

Very puzzled but Reckon has always done this and QuickBooks before it. However if this could be fixed it would be one less thing to have to constantly monitor

• Kris_Williams
    Options

With the report on the screen click on the Sort by, where it says default, and change to date, see if that gives you what you’re after

• Kris_Williams
    Options

In Company information have you got July selected in both tax year and financial year

• KrissyBooks
    edited November 2022
    Options

Kris, you are a genius!

I had set the Company Information to Beginning and End of Year because that's what my eye had 'read'

But that wasn't the question!

The question was for two separate reporting periods, and I should have entered July as the FIRST MONTH for both the financial year and for the tax year.

Phew! So simple but I just didn't see it!

Many thanks 🌼

And apologies to Reckon and to QuickBooks - the error was with me!

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Glad you got it sorted