Purchased a business that uses Reckon and need to get up and running! HELP!?

Options
jmckean911
jmckean911 Member Posts: 13

Hi all, we just purchased a business that runs Reckon Accounts Hosted. We wish to continue with this but need to set up a new account as the owner of the business did not transfer his account to us as part of the acquisition.

What is the simplest way of doing this?

I have read various feeds - should I open my own Reckon Accounts Hosted account then download the QBB file from the prior owners account and upload it into our new account? I want to make sure we capture all of our customer details, suppliers etc etc . . . is there a simpler way?

Thanks Josh

Comments

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You need to start with your own file and then import various lists using the export IIF feature from his file, but that will only give you lists, chart of accounts, suppliers, customers, items etc no figures will be imported

• jmckean911
    jmckean911 Member Posts: 13
    Options

Thanks but we’d like to import all the figures and the history - he is happy for us to do this so we can see long term trends etc over time. If that’s the case would that change your answer? Thanks

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

No way to import the data. You would have to enter supplier and customer balances in your new file

otherwise just use his file but that does come with big hiccups. Or keep his file and refer to it for comparison and use your own.

I would ask your accountant for his advice

• GerryWinter
    GerryWinter Accredited Partner Posts: 1,235 Personal Range Expert Personal Range Expert
    Options

If the old owner is happy with you having access to his file get a backup first and then open your own account with Reckon restore the backup and then change any relevent details in the file that belongs to the old owner and input yours, start new bank accounts etc and then keep using the file as your own.

This program is a date based program meaning that any reports are from one date to the next and you will never need to to show the old owners financials.

Any other question just call me.

Gerry id 6376

Gerhard Winter

Ph. +61 0418907140

Reckon Store Next Door

"Always at your Service"

Email: gwinter0808@gmail.com