Accounting program won’t open

Options
Alexis_8205419
Alexis_8205419 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭

Hi, I was using my accounting package two days ago and today it wont open. It just sits on ‘Loading Reckon Accounts’ for about 10 seconds then disappears. I have tried using the uninstall wizard and then attempting to repair but I get the message in the photo below. There is nothing open on the computer that I can see.

If I click ignore and continue then I get this error message

I can’t get a very recent backup as I can’t open the program but I have copied the company file using copy and paste onto 4 different USB sticks. So I’m a bit worried about doing a full uninstall. Not sure what to do from here.

Answers

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

You don’t uninstall Reckon Hosted it is launched from a browser. It looks like you are using a desktop version. Are you able to fully uninstall as opposed to repair? What version is it?

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

Ah sorry have I posted in the wrong section. Yes it’s desktop. It’s Reckon Accounts Plus 2022

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

I will try uninstalling. I was just worried about the company file

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,307 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    Options

When you uninstall it doesn’t remove your data file, which is usually not in the same folder as it’s normally in My Documents or an Intuit folder, depends on where you put it. Even if it were in the same folder I’m pretty certain it won’t delete that file or any data or backup files

If you fully uninstall restart the computer before you reinstall

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

I’ll do it now. Thank you

• Kris_Williams
    Options

Good luck…………….…………..

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

No luck with reinstalling. I get this error

1904.Module…\msgDBAddIn.doll” failed to register. Then whenI click ok it closes that box. Says the software has installed but I still can’t open the program

• Kris_Williams
    Options

You will have to ring technical support and look up that error number to see if there’s anything that might help

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I found this, you could give it a try, it is for an older version, but who knows……

Go to your Reckon Accounts 2015 installation directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Reckon Accounts 2015 and scroll down to the file reboot.exe.  Double click to run it and it will re-register all the DLL files Reckon Accounts needs to run. Then launch Reckon Accounts again.

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

I’ll give it a shot. Thank you. I’ve been googling the error code too. Didn’t find that fix

• Kris_Williams
    Options

I found it on this community blog not in Google

• Alexis_8205419
    Options

No Luck. Thank you. I’ll try technical support