Can't edit employee

Options
cathy_10865225
cathy_10865225 Member Posts: 6
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

Last week when I logged on to the Reckon Payroll App to submit payrun it asked me to download latest version which I did (version 6.0.31).

I also upgraded from the Basic to Premium Plan.

I am now unable to go into employees at all to view or edit and receive to following message:-

Something went wrong!

We can't complete your request. Reload the page or log out if the issue persists.

I have reloaded and logged in and out many times.

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Cathy

Does this error message appear right after tapping on the ‘Employees’ menu option or when you go into an individual employee's profile? ie. after tapping on a specific employee?

Does this error appear when you attempt to create a pay run?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cathy_10865225
    Options

It happens when you tap on specific employees.

I have been able to do payruns, but need to edit 1 employees information and can't get into it.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Thanks for that Cathy.

This is occurring on the mobile app, correct?

I've noticed that you mentioned you've upgraded to the Premium plan, as part of that you have access to Payroll Web which allows you to access your app account on the PC. Can you do me a favour and head over to https://payroll.reckon.com/ and sign in with your usual app login credentials then try to edit this particular employee there.

Let me know if the same or some other error occurs if you attempt to do so.

Also, if you can take a screenshot of the error message (if any appears) and post it here that would be great.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• cathy_10865225
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me Rav.

I have just logged on via PC and I am able to edit employee details there.

I then logged on via IPhone as usual

Tap Employees

List of Employees comes up

Tap Employee (we only have 3 and the following message appears on all 3)

• Rav
    Options

Hmmm ok that's strange.

One other thing, can I get you to just check if you have any superannuation items and super funds that are inactive.

To check super items, head into Settings ➡ Superannuation items ➡ Tap on the ‘Inactive’ tab ➡ If there are any super items currently inactive, switch them back to Active status

To check super funds, head into Settings ➡ Superannuation Funds ➡ Tap on the ‘Inactive’ tab ➡ If there are any super funds currently inactive, switch them back to Active status

If you still don't have any joy after that or if there are no inactive super items and super funds, then can you let me know the ABN that you've registered to your app account and I'll send this over to my dev team for further investigation.

• cathy_10865225
    Options

Still no luck. Superannuation funds and Superannuation items only have Active. ABN 43108229723. Up until I updated the App to the latest version I had no problem editing employees.

• Rav
    Options

Ok thanks for trying Cathy.

For now, can I get you to action any pay runs, employee edits, STP submissions etc in Payroll Web rather than the mobile app.

I'm putting the details of this together into a case now and sending it over to my dev team for some further investigation and/or recommendations on how to solve.

• cathy_10865225
    Options

No problem, thanks Rav

• Rav
    Options

Hi there Cathy

Just wanted to get back to you on this. Can I get you to download the latest app update that was released overnight (v6.0.56) and let me know if this solves the issue for you.

Cheers

• cathy_10865225
    Options

Hi Rav

Just downloaded new version and I am now able to edit employees. Thanks.

So I decided to add current pay run.

New Pay Run - create - select employees

you are then able to select either

• use pay items from employees pay setup (if you chose this option superannuation is calculated correctly)
    • use pay items from employees last pay run (if you choose this option superannuation is 0). Not sure why this is the case when the previous payrun had calculated super correctly.