Reckon One features

Steve Cook
Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 Reckoner Reckoner
edited June 2023 in Reckon One

I am close to completing my one month trial. I will be continuing, but it seems to lack a few features ...

I added the Invoices-Medium module to use recurring transactions. I do not need invoices function

Recurring Transactions : Only available for recurring receipts and payments. Would like to see recurring available for :

Recurring bills eg telephone.

Recurring transfers between bank accounts eg regular transfer from Superannuation to Personal account

Phone App : the website is not phone friendly ! I only use Reckon One for personal use, no need for the Invoices App. Is there a suitable app for phone (Android) ?

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Steve

Really good feedback here, thanks for sharing πŸ‘

From what I understand, the expansion of the recurring transaction functionality, particularly for bills, has been on the list for a little while however unfortunately its been a casualty of delays due to some larger pieces of work coming into focus in terms of priority. Its certainly still on the cards but no indications on a timeframe at the moment.

The ability to create recurring transfers is a cool idea though. Do you action this on a frequent basis in a given period eg. month? I'd definitely recommend adding this as a feature request on our Ideas Portal HERE.

While we don't have a dedicated mobile app for Reckon One, we've got some pretty exciting stuff in the works at the moment (such as this) which will open up a lot more functionality including the eventual interoperability of all our mobile apps. This is already underway with the Reckon Invoices App and next in line are the Reckon Payroll App and Reckon Mate App for payroll-centric functionality.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.

• Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 Reckoner Reckoner

Thanks Rav. I used RA Premium Desktop for 15 years. Now business is closed and I have retired. Never used payroll function. Now only need personal finance.

For regular transfers of Super to Personal account. (Workaround) I set up 2 recurring transactions on same day. A payment from super and a receipt to personal account. For me it is fortnightly. Works but cumbersome.

Recurring bills eg telephone (monthly) is self explanatory

"From what I understand, the expansion of the recurring transaction functionality, particularly for bills, has been on the list for a little while however unfortunately its been a casualty of delays due to some larger pieces of work coming into focus in terms of priority. Its certainly still on the cards but no indications on a timeframe at the moment."

"Little While" : See this thread from 5 years ago !

Recurring transactions β€” Reckon Community

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,378 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager

Fair call, its been more than a little while. No excuses here but I'll just say the teams have been kept very busy on some fairly intensive projects. We're hoping to get back to more feature/functionality based work once we can get STP Phase 2 and our payroll infrastructure upgrades over the line.

πŸŽ‰ Get rewarded for contributing to the Reckon Community! Learn how you could get a $100 gift voucher each month HERE.