Transferring Employees

HLJ
HLJ Member Posts: 5

Hi

We have a new business restructure which happened this FY. I transferred all the employees bar one (who will remain with company 1), the remainder were all transferred over with entitlements to company 2 and all has been well from there.

Just about to terminate the employees that were transferred to company 2, in company 1 and thought perhaps i best ask if that is the right thing to do? I just had a doubt as I was about to do it.

Any advice would be wonderful

Thank you in Advance

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,096 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 27 Answer ✓

Hi @HLJ

Does the new business (company 2) have a new/separate ABN from Company 1?

How did you transfer the employees from one company to another? What happened to the employees in company 1 after they were transferred? ie. did you just stop creating pay runs for them?

Answers

• HLJ

Hi Rav

Yes, a different ABN for Company 2

• HLJ

I transferred them across as advised using export lists.

I stopped paying them in the Company 1 and began paying them in Company 2

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,096 Community Manager Community Manager

Ok cool, thanks for that. Then yes you should be fine to go ahead and terminate them under Company 1. Doing so will finalise them under Company 1's ABN and set them to tax ready in MyGov for the earnings accrued under that entity.

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,204 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Terminate them as of the date of their last pay

• HLJ

Thanks Rav and Kris for your responses. Good to know my thought pattern on this was on the right path

Appreciate your help