Importing from Payroll App into Desktop

Caty
Caty Member Posts: 6

Good morning!

I have just appointed an external bookkeeper to manage my payroll. We are currently using Desktop and do all our payroll through this. However, we have manual timesheets that need to get processed and are wanting to eliminate this, particularly with now having an offsite contractor to handle payroll. The app has features including a portal for employees, which I think would be nice for them, as well as the ability to log hours rather than manually completing a timesheet. The question is though, can data from the Reckon Payroll App be easily imported into Reckon Desktop?

Thank you!

Caty.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,072 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Caty

The Reckon Payroll App is a completely separate/standalone service which doesn't link with Reckon Accounts Desktop unfortunately.

There are however 3rd party options for handling time that syncs with Reckon Accounts Desktop such as Time Tracker by eBillity which I'll link some info to below -

The app has features including a portal for employees, which I think would be nice for them, as well as the ability to log hours rather than manually completing a timesheet.

Just a quick clarification on the above. Reckon Mate which is the employee companion for Reckon Payroll App users doesn't support logging in hours via the app just yet however this is coming very soon.

• Caty
    Caty Member Posts: 6

Hi Rav,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Shame there is no integration, it would be nice to keep using software that I am familiar with.

Oops! My error on the assumption that employees could log hours through the app.

I just had a quick look at time tracker, and it probably doesn't quite do what I need, given other features of software that is around. I have since been recommended to try Microkeeper.

Thanks again, most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Caty.