Logging into the Reckon Portal using Google SSO

Options
Sue_10075371
Sue_10075371 Member Posts: 41
edited August 2023 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

When I try to upload the STP file using Google I get the msg - Access blocked: this app's request is invalid.

So I decided to set up by going through Reckon. Set it up. Now it appears that someone has decided that this is my first time connecting to the ATO and wants data filled in. I do this and it tells me that my ABN is already in use.

Where to next?

Best Answer

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,538 Community Manager Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Sue

There were some earlier issues with accessing the Reckon Portal using the Google sign-in option however this should be solved very soon.

In the interim, if you open a separate tab on your browser and go to the Reckon Portal directly using this link - https://portal.reckon.com/ and use the Google sign-in button there it should let you in as normal.

Would you like me to delete the new account you created today?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Answers

• Sue_10075371
    Options

Yes please Rav, delete the new account I created today. At the moment when I click on the link you have provided it takes me to the same screen that rejects my ABN. Maybe if you delete the new account I will be able to follow your directions.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,538 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Ok I've got rid of that new account now Sue.

You may need to refresh the Reckon Portal page by using Ctrl and F5 or try using an incognito browser window.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Sue_10075371
    Options

Hi Rav. I'm just going around in circles. How long before the original Google sign-in option is fixed? Maybe I should try again tomorrow?

• Rav
    Options

I've just tested it out and its already fixed now Sue.

What is actually happening when you try to sign in with the Google option when you go to the Reckon Portal directly (https://portal.reckon.com/) on a new tab or an incognito window?

It sounds like you're still on a cached page if you're being taken to the screen asking you to enter a new ABN etc so you may need to clear your browser cache/cookies or use an incognito window.

I've tried it out from the browser tab that opens after exporting your STP file in Reckon Accounts and by going to the portal directly.

• Sue_10075371
    Options

Crtl F5 causes the screen to refresh. Then I click Reckon GovConnect and get

I have tried going in incognito as well - same result.

• Rav
    Options

Sign out of that account (top right corner) ➡ You'll be taken back to the Reckon Portal login screen ➡ Then use the Google sign-in button (provided you have an existing Reckon Portal account using the Google option)

• Sue_10075371
    Options

Hi Rav. I've cleared all my browsing history and that seems to have done it. I'm in! :-) Thanks for your help.