does Hosted have a TFN declaration form.

Liam Francisco
Liam Francisco Member Posts: 20 Reckoner Reckoner

is there a built in TFN declaration form or one we can download; I understand that there are no downloadable ones from the ATO anymore.

I have found some employees have trouble navigating the online ATO system for lodging them and was wondering if there is a way of doing it in Hosted. I know I do not need to send them to the ATO anymore with the STP system.

cheers Liam

Best Answer

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

When you enter the employee details, there is a box in there in the Taxes section that says Lodge TFN declaration, just enter the date and it will lodge with STP

Answers

• Liam Francisco

Thank you, I will have to look for it. I have entered all the tfn details when I set them up. Just used to the old form way 😊

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,620 Reckon Accounts Hosted Elite Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

It’s still a good idea to get them to fill out the old form, or even a personalised one, that way you get the correct information from them to keep

• Liam Francisco

I have done that, I had a copy of the old one saved in my one drive. Thanks again 😊

• Kris_Williams

You’re very welcome ……

• This content has been removed.
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,655 Reckon Star Reckon Star
    edited January 1

Hi Kris. I refer to your response on 8th October, wherein you said that "...there is a box in there in the Taxes section that says Lodge TFN declaration, just enter the date and it will lodge with STP." I have seen that box myself in the past and ticked it. But, now that box is no longer there, so do you know what is going on with this please? Last month I changed an employee's tax info to claim the tax free threshold and noted that the box was not there, so I assumed that when I lodged the STP report for the next pay, it would presumably update. I have just found out from the employee that her MyGov record states that she is not claiming the threshold meaning that the ATO record did not update with my STP lodgement. In looking into this a bit further, I note that this same box that you referred to does not seem to be available to tick anymore for a new employee either. Have i missed a change in procedure somewhere?

PLEASE IGNORE AS I HAVE NOW FOUND INFORMATION FROM RAV.

John L G