Can you use Authenticator for MFA with Payroll?

aakk
aakk Member Posts: 21 Reckoner Reckoner
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll

I subscribe to Payroll only, and currently login using SMS for MFA. I wanted to see if I can use the Authenticator app for MFA instead for ease of use when travelling.

I set up Authenticator via portal.reckon.com, but Payroll seemed to still expect SMS instead. I then couldn't get it to send an SMS until I deregistered the MFA in Portal.

1. Is there a way to use Authenticator for MFA for Payroll?
  2. Should I be using Portal at all?

Thank you very much.

Best Answer

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 271 Reckon Staff
    Answer ✓

Hi @aakk

At the moment you are unable to switch from SMS to Google Authenticator or any other 3rd party MFA software.

If you would like to suggest to our development team on our https://ideas.reckon.com/ for a way to add MFA for Google authenticator.

The Reckon portal is different from the payroll app, the portal is for accessing GovConnect and Reckon one mainly and accessing our other products. Accountants/Bookkeepers will use it for GovConnect mainly to submit on behalf of you or to manage multiple companies.

Thank you and have a lovely day.

Cheers,

Lucas

Answers

• aakk
    aakk Member Posts: 21 Reckoner Reckoner

Hi @Lucas,

Thanks very much for your reply. "Payroll" isn't in the drop down list to choose from in that page you linked, should I choose a different app?

Thanks again!

• Lucas
    Lucas Reckon Staff Posts: 271 Reckon Staff

Hi @aakk,

Thank you for getting back to me. I will definitely raise this with my team leader.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Please select another category for now.

Cheers,

Lucas

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 16,400 Reckon Community Manager Community Manager
    edited October 2023

Hi @aakk

Please use this category (Reckon Web) for your particular feature request 😊