Moving Reckon Personal Plus or Home and Business to a new PC – Legacy KB ID:5705
I have read the document quoted above but I am still unclear on some points which I hope someone can clarify for me.
From the 5705 document, points are as follows:
1) “Clean up your datafile on your current Machine”. I think this is the Reckon Accounts QDF data file?
2) “Make a back-up to the compressed *.rkn format”. So I just do a normal backup at this point which will produce a “RKN File” that I copy to a USB Stick.
3) In my Documents folder, I have created a File ReckonHAB with two subdirectories: Backup and Current.
4) “Copy your data file to Documents\ReckonHAB”. So which data file do I copy a) “Reckon Accounts QDF data file” or b) the “RKN File” that I have copied to the USB stick?
5) once (4) is sorted, I will have three files in Documents\ReckonHAB – Backup / Current / and the file from point (4).
6) “copy your backup to Documents\ReckonHAB\Backup”. I don’t know which files to use here? Is it the file named “Backup”(which includes the five backup copies) in my old computer or something else?
- All Categories
- 6.7K Accounts Hosted
- 5.9K Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
- 3.2K Reckon One
- 135 Reckon Payroll Upgrade for Reckon One 🚀
- 10 Reckon Invoices App
- 938 Reckon Payroll App & Web
- 21 Payroll App - Help Videos
- 18 Reckon Mate App
- 14 Reckon Insights
- 107 Reckon API
- 948 Payroll Premier
- 116 Payroll Premier upgrade to Reckon Payroll ⤴️
- 325 Point of Sale
- 1.9K Personal Plus and Home & Business
- 68 About Reckon Community